Sunday, January 15, 2012

homemade tortilla soup

Oh hey there! Hope you're having a fantabulous weekend (fantastic + fabulous... I'm sure it's a word, somewhere). Anyway, if you're anything like me, you like this to be quick and dirty. Not really dirty, but just simple, right? Right. Well, do I have the recipe for you... my mama's homemade tortilla soup! I'm not sure where the recipe originated from, and I've adapted it to my liking. But if you're out there somewhere, Mrs. BestTortillaSoupRecipeMakerEver, then I give you credit. Lots of it. Ok, ready? Of course you are.  **Warning** this recipe is the most approximate recipe you may ever experience. You'll hear terms like "a whole lot", or "just a little bit". I apologize, but this is how I do***


You'll need the following:


A whole lotta chicken or veggie broth, I use about a carton and a half of these babies. 

 A little chili powder, cumin, and salt and peppa.

1 bunch of cilantro, 4 tomatoes, an onion, 1 jalapeno (I use 2; I like it spicy), and 2 garlic cloves.


Cooking Directions:
1. Pour broth into a pot on medium heat and and cumin and chili powder. 


 2. Cut tomatoes into quarters and throw them into a food processor. Yes, I hate tomatoes but you can't taste them in the soup, scouts honor. Once processed to your liking, add to the broth mixture.



 3. Wash and take stems off of cilantro, add garlic and onions and process it like it's your job.


(This is what it will look like once processed. I wish you could smell this right now.. so good)
4. Add mixture to your tomatoes and broth already cooking on the stove.


 5. This is what it will look like. Not the most appetizing-looking soup, but I assure you, it is amazing.

6.Garnish with fresh cilantro and cheese.. and love your life. 





Yummm.. I want some more right now! Enjoy :)


W





No comments:

Post a Comment